Inline Translator: Dictionary
Inline Translator can translate single words using the Google dictionary.
How to display Word Translations
To display word translations, select a word with the mouse and:
- use the context menu ImTranslator: Translator, Dictionary, TTS, then choose Inline Translator
- or use preset shortcut keys Alt+C.
Depending on your settings, the translations of the word will be displayed after or before the selection, or simply replace the original.
The position of the translations can be specified in Inline Translator Options.
- Insert AFTER the original - is the default settings
- Insert BEFORE original can be chosen in Appearance
- REPLACE the original can be chosen in Appearance ("Hide original" settings)
The words translations are provided by the Google Translate dictionary. The Dictionary covers over 90 language combinations with the English language and many other language pairs. If the dictionary doesn't contain the word you want to explore, this word will be translated by the Google translation service, and display only one translation.