Pop-up Bubble Translator has the following default language settings:
- source language is set to "Detect language"
- target language is the language of your browser
- "Detect source language automatically" is enabled
With these settings, the language of the text to be translated is being detected on the fly.
All you have to do is to set the target language.
1. If you know the language of the text you translate from, choose the language from the source language drop-down list and mark the "Lock-in language" checkbox to secure your language choice. This will temporarily disable the auto language detection for this browser's session.
Note: this selection is valid for this tab and this browser session. When you open a new tab, new window, or close or refresh the browser, your new settings will be reversed to the old settings set in Options.
2. If you want to save the new language settings for future translations, you need to change the language settings in Options:
- click on the Options link to open Pop-up Bubble Options
- change the source and target languages
- clear the "Detect source language automatically" checkbox
- Save options
This will save your choice of languages and disable the automatic language detection.
3. If you want to temporarily enable the language detection for a particular translation session, just choose the "Detect Language" from the source language list. The automatic language detection is now ON. These language detection settings will be in effect for this webpage until you close the browser.
If the source language is set to "Detect language", the Switch languages function is disabled.
4. If you want to see which language has been detected, choose any language from source language list, and the auto language detection will be performed on-the-fly displaying the detected language.