Inline Translator tool translates a selected text on a webpage by splitting it into sentences and inserts the translation into a webpage.
Based on settings, the translation can be placed before or after the original text.
or it can replace the original text while preserving the page formatting
How to use Inline Translator
Select text with the mouse and:
- open the context menu Inline Translation: Translate selection.
- select Inline Translation from the ImTranslator menu on the Firefox toolbar
- use the shortcuts Alt+C (default) before or after selecting the text on a webpage
- click ImTranslator button on the Firefox toolbar (set Inline Translator on the Toolbar Button in Options)
Inline Translator Features
- Insert translation after or before the original text.
- Translation can replace the original text.
- Preserve the original page formatting.
- Translation can be displayed in brackets or without.
- Translation can be aligned for better visibility by using the Line break option.
- Control of the text selection by observing the word boundaries.
- Select the color of the embedded translated text.
- Clear inserted translation and restore original page formatting.
- Auto language detection of the source text.
- Words translation using the built-in dictionary.
- Translation history.
- Shortcuts customization.