was developed and launched in June 2000. This was the first online translation service developed by Smart Link Corporation.
First, the translation services supported 5 languages and 12 language combinations, and included text editor, back translation, printing and email.
Later on more languages and new language tools have been added, such as virtual keyboard (2002), online spellchecker (2003), Russian decoder (2003) and others.
- The current version of PROMT-Online supports 55 languages or 2970 language combinations.
- The translation is powered by three translation providers: Google Translate, Microsoft Bing Translator, and PROMT-Online.
- The automatic language detection identifies the source language on-the-fly.
- The text-to-speech tool converts text into voice for 10 languages.
- The voice streaming is supported by Flash player and HTML5 player.
- The redesigned virtual keyboard allows you to input text in the languages not supported by your computer.
- The service is touchscreen freindly.
With PROMT-Online you can do the following:
- input text in many languages using the virtual keyboard or special characters list
- translate words, phrases and texts between 55 languages
- check spelling in 8 languages
- detect the language of the source text
- see the back translation
- use the Russian decoder to convert an unreadable Russian text
- listen to the original text and its translation in 10 languages
- switch on the fly between Flash player and HTML5 player for voice playback
- print translation
PROMT-Online remains one of the most visited online translation services among many others developed afterward.
- multilingual text input
- automatic language detection
- spelling checking
- online translation
- back translation
- Russian text decoding
- text-to-voice conversion
- interface localization
- text editor
- virtual keyboard
- online translator
- 3 translation providers
- automatic language detector
- Russian decoder
- back translation
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Esperanto, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish