Translator is a standalone application that provides a convenient access to the translation services powered by three translation providers: Google Translate, Microsoft Bing Translator, PROMT-Online.
How to run Translator
- click Translator button in ImTranslator button menu on the Firefox toolbar
- click Firefox Tools menu, then ImTranslator, then Translator
- choose Translator from the context menu
The Translator application integrates useful language tools: virtual keyboard, spellchecker, dictionary, text-to-speech, Russian decoder, Russian transliteration, and others.
How to translate with the Translator
- type, paste, or drag-n-drop the text to the "Original text" window. Choose the translation direction, then translation provider, and click Translate
- select the text on the webpage and click ImTranslator button on the Firefox toolbar (set Translator on the Toolbar Button in Options)
- select the text on the webpage and click Tools, ImTranslator, Translator
- select the text on the webpage and click ImTranslator button menu, then Translator
- select the text on the webpage and choose Translator from the context menu
- use the shortcuts Ctrl+Alt+T (default) before or after selecting the text on a webpage
Translator opens the window with the selected text and its translation.
If you don't know the language of the text you want to translate, mark the "auto detect" checkbox to let Translator identify the language for you. When the automatic language detection is performed, the detected language appears in the source language box.
- translates words, phrases and text between 66 languages
- offers the choice of translation providers (Google, Microsoft Bing, PROMT-Online)
- performs an automatic language detection of the source text
- reverses the translation back to the original language using the back translation mechanism
- reads the original text and its translation
- offers a wide range of language tools: virtual keyboard, spellchecker, dictionary, Russian decoder and transliteration, and more
- provides language synchronization with the language tools
- customizes the translator's settings
- offers localization of the user interface to 23 languages
- sends email from the translation application
- prints translation