Text to Voice, also known as Text-to-Speech (TTS), is a method of speech synthesis that develops an audio from the text it reads.
The Text-to-Speech engine has been implemented into the online service that converts an entered text into natural sounding voice in American English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian and European Spanish languages.
The TTS service allows you to listen to the text and follow the words on screen. The pronounced text segments are synchronously highlighted. This makes this service a perfect tool to master a foreign language by practicing speaking and listening skills.
Text to voice software has many uses. For example, if someone was visually impaired, you could create an e-mail and have it converted from text-to-speech, and send it to them. They would then be able to listen to your e-mail, instead of reading it.
Another example is you might have an assignment in school, and you need to research a lot of material. Instead of reading through all of it on the Internet, you could copy and paste the text into a text-to-speech program, and listen to the material.
Text-to-Speech has been implemented into all ImTranslator translation services. It can also be used as a standalone text-to-speech service.
- text to voice conversion
- male and female versions
- text segmentation
- pronounced text highlighting
- voice replay
- voice speed control
- audio link generation
Chinese, English US, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
Text-to-Speech Video Tutorial
Text-to-Speech service uses a professional text-to-speech engine that converts a written text into voice in English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish languages. Let me show how to use this program.
- First, enter text into the text editor. You can type it in from your physical keyboard, copy and paste from any application, or use the virtual keyboard to enter text in the language not supported by your computer.
- The text editor includes basic editing functions, such as copy, cut, paste, delete and font size.
- Then select the language from the drop down box on the toolbar. Make sure that the selected language of the voice, corresponds to the language of the text you want to listen. It’s not right to choose the French voice to read the English text. Now, click the Say It button. Like it?
- You may notice that the large text is divided into meaningful segments. The pronounced segments are synchronously highlighted, which makes it easier to follow.
- You can replay the text as many times as you wish using the audio player buttons. This gives you the opportunity to practice your listening and speaking skills in your own language, or in a foreign language.
- If the voice is too fast for you, you can adjust the speed using the Speed drop down box.
- If you want to email a voiced message, or embed the audio links to your website, click YES on "Do you want to embed this spoken text into E-mail or Web page?" Copy and paste the link to an email.
Use ImTranslator speech-enable service, and get your computer talking to you!