How to get Inline Translation
Select text with the mouse and:
- use the context menu ImTranslator: Translator, Dictionary, TTS, then choose Inline Translation: Translate selection
- use the shortcuts Alt+C (default)
- remove the shortcuts in Inline Translator Options by pressing the X sign to see "None" in the shortcut field. Then simply select the text with the mouse
Inline Translator translates a selected text on a page by splitting it into sentences and inserts the translation into a webpage after the original text. This setting has been set as default based on users' preferences.
How to Remove the Inline Translation
To remove the inserted translation from the webpage use the context menu ImTranslator: Translator, Dictionary, TTS, then Clear translation. Or use the shortcuts Alt+X.
The translation will be removed and the original formatting of the page will be restored.
How to modify the translation appearance
The appearance of the translation can be modified using Options:
- change the color of the inserted translation
- remove brackets
- align the translation below the original sentence
as well as change the position of the translated text on the webpage