ImTranslator provides complete language synchronization. It synchronizes all language tools, such as speller, decoder, dictionary, transliteration and text-to-speech with a selected language pair.
If a selected language combination is supported by the speller, dictionary, decoder or transliteration module, the check box next to each language tool is available for selection. Otherwise, it is grayed out.
Let’s see how ImTranslator synchronizes the spell checker.
- ImTranslator automatically chooses the spelling language according to the selected language pair if the language is supported by the spell-checker. The spell checker supports 8 languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Ukrainian.
- For example, if the language combination for translation is English-Russian, then the spelling language for the source window is English and for the target window is Russian.
- If the spell-checker doesn't support the language for a selected translation pair, for example, Chinese, Dutch, or Japanese, the speller check mark box is not available for selection.
Let’s see how ImTranslator synchronizes the Dictionary.
- The online dictionary supports 8 languages and their combinations: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, and Spanish.
- If the dictionary includes the language pair for a selected translation combination, the corresponding language pair will be activated.
- If the dictionary doesn't support the language for a selected translation pair, the first available language combination will be displayed.
The Decoder function is available for the Russian language only.
- Auto Decode: If the translation language pair doesn't include Russian as a source language, the auto decode check box is grayed out. But if you run Decoder from the toolbar for the languages not including Russian, the translation results will be wrong.
- If the voice for the source or target language is available, the Speak icon will appear next to the corresponding text window. Otherwise, it won’t be displayed.