Advanced Settings allow you to fine-tune ImTranslator Options.
How to access Advanced Settings
- right-click on ImTranslator button on the toolbar, select Options, then Advanced panel
- open the context menu ImTranslator, then Options, Advanced panel
- use shortcuts: Ctrl+Alt+O, then Advanced panel
Here you can customize the list of languages you intend to work with.
- Open the Customize languages list.
- Click Deselect All.
- Select preferred languages.
- Close Languages options to save your selection.
Preferred domain for Google Translate
Choose your local geo location domain for Google Translate service.
Choose which TTS service to use: ImTranslator TTS service or the TTS service of other providers.
ImTranslator Text-to-Speech service supports the following voices: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
These voices speak up to 1000 characters at a time.
Other supported voices are: Arabic, Bengali, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Khmer, Latin, Norwegian, Polish, Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
These voices speak up to 200 characters at a time.
Use ImTranslator TTS service
- For long text - use ImTranslator TTS for texts longer than 200 characters
- Never - don't use ImTranslator TTS, instead an alternative TTS service will read the text aloud
- Always - use ImTranslator TTS service to read the text of any length
Set your preferred translation application to be run from the ImTranslator button on the Chrome toolbar.
Enable/disable ImTranslator items in the Context menu.
Options: Backup and Restore
Backup saves all the custom settings to a imtranslator-options.im file
To Restore Custom Settings, click "Restore" and open backup file imtranslator-options.im.
To restore default settings, click "Reset to default"
Restoring settings does work between different release versions of ImTranslator
Restoring settings does work between different types of Operating Systems
Restoring settings does work with the any language of ImTranslator.
Tip: Keep a copy of the Backup file in Cloud storage to transfer custom settings of ImTranslator on another computer, or to add to another user on any system.