ImTranslator is a standalone application that performs an instant translation of words, phrases and text. It translates between 91 languages using 3 translation providers: Google , Microsoft Bing, and Translator.
The application switches between the Translator and Dictionary modes using the corresponding tabs.
How to run ImTranslator application
- click ImTranslator: Translation, Dictionary, TTS button on the Opera toolbar
- choose "ImTranslator" from the context menu ImTranslator: Translation, Dictionary, TTS.
- use shortcut keys: Alt+Z (default)
ImTranslator application opens. Type, paste or drag-n-drop text to the Original text window. Choose target language, then the translation provider and click Translate (shortcuts Ctrl+Alt+A).
How to translate in ImTranslator application
- open ImTranslator application. Type, paste, or drag-n-drop the text to the "Original text" window. Choose the translation direction, then translation provider, and click Translate
- select a text on the webpage and click ImTranslator: Translation, Dictionary, TTS button on the Opera toolbar
- select a text on the webpage and choose "ImTranslator: Translate selection" from the context menu
- use the shortcut key Ctrl+Alt+Z (default) before or after selecting the text on a webpage
ImTranslator window opens with the selected text and its translation.
- If you don't know the language of the text you want to translate, choose "Detect language" to let ImTranslator identify the language for you. When the automatic language detection is performed, the "Detected: language" appears.
- If you know the language of the source text, you can set the language from the source language list and lock the language by marking the "Lock-in language" checkbox.
If you want to see Dictionary's translations, click on the Dictionary tab to switch to the Dictionary mode.
ImTranslator Application Features
- translates words, phrases and text between more than 90 languages
- multiple translation providers (Google, Microsoft Bing, Translator)
- switch between Translator and Dictionary modes
- automatic language detection of the source text
- capability to lock the chosen source language
- back translation of the target text to the original language
- text-to-voice conversion of the original text and its translation
- Translation History
- words translation using Google Dictionary
- settings customization