Pop-up Bubble Translator uses the following default language settings:
- source language is set to "Detect language"
- target language is Spanish (based on our users' statistics)
- "Detect source language automatically" is enabled
With these settings, the language of the original text is being detected automatically.
All you have to do is to set the translation language.
1. If you know the language of the text you translate from, choose the language from the source drop-down menu and mark the "Lock-in language" checkbox to secure your language choice. This will temporarily disable the auto language detection of the source text for this browser's session.
Please note that this selection is valid for this tab and this browser session. When you open a new tab, new window, or close or refresh the browser, your new settings will be reversed to the old settings set in Options.
2. If you want to save the new language settings for future translations, you need to change the language direction in Options:
- click on the Options link to open Pop-up Bubble options
- set the source and target languages
- unmark the "Detect source language automatically" checkbox
- Save options
This will save your choice of languages and disable the automatic language detection.
3. If you want to temporarily enable the language detection for a particular translation session, just choose the "Detect language" from the source language drop-down list. The automatic language detection is now ON. These language detection settings will be valid for this particular webpage until your browser is closed.
If the source language is set to "Detect language", the Switch languages function doesn't work
4. If you want to see which language has been detected, choose any language from source language list, and the auto language detection will be performed on-the-fly displaying the detected language.