Translator is a standalone application that performs an instant translation of words, phrases and text. It translates between more than 90 languages using the Google Translate provider. The application switches between the Translator and Dictionary modes using the corresponding tabs.
How to translate using Translator
- open the Translator application (Ctrl+Alt+Z). Type, paste, or drag-n-drop the text to the "Original text" window. Choose the translation direction, then click Translate (Ctrl+Alt+A)
- select a text on the webpage and click Google Translate button on the Opera toolbar
- select a text on the webpage and choose "Translator: Translate selection" from the context menu
- use the shortcut key Ctrl+Alt+V (default) before or after selecting the text on a webpage
The Translator window opens with the selected text and its translation.
- If you don't know the language of the text you want to translate, choose "Detect language" to let Translator identify the language for you. When the automatic language detection is performed, the "Detected: language" appears.
- If you know the language of the source text, you can set the language from the source language list and lock the language by marking the "Lock-in language" checkbox.
If you want to see Dictionary's translations, click on the Dictionary tab to switch to the Dictionary mode.
Translator Application Features
- translates words, phrases and text between more than 90 languages
- switch between Translator and Dictionary modes
- Google Translate provider
- automatic language detection of the source text
- capability to lock the chosen source language
- back translation of the target text to the original language
- text-to-voice conversion of the original text and its translation
- Translation History
- words translation using Google Dictionary
- settings customization