How to manage Flash in Opera
- To access Flash settings in Opera, from the Main menu , select Settings.
- Or simply enter opera://settings in the address bar at the top.
- Click Websites on the sidebar.
- Scroll down to the Flash section.
- Select one of four Flash content settings.
- Select Allow sites to run Flash if you want to allow running Flash content. Flash will run unprompted.
- Select Detect and run important Flash content to allow the browser running Flash per your permission.
- Click to play prevents a website from running Flash.
- Block sites from running Flash is the choice to prevent any website from running Flash.
The safest way may be to select Block sites from running Flash and Click to play settings. Then use the exception list for specific Flash content sites that you trust and visit often. Click the Manage exceptions… button to add exceptions.
To add exceptions to your Flash settings, follow these steps:
- Click Manage exceptions.
- Under "Hostname pattern," enter the web address that you want to create an exception for: insert
- Under "Behavior," select Allow.
If you choose Click to play setting, you need to whitelist (add exceptions) our services in order to make the text-to-speech to run. This is how our flash detection tool has been designed.
Voice isn't playing automatically in the Text-to-Speech application
If you selected Detect and run important Flash content setting, Opera browser doesn't run Flash automatically. You need to click on the play button to start playing the voice.